Biotechnology is reinventing the future of everything: fuels, fabrics, pharmaceuticals, food, almost every sector of the economy will be touched by it. Large companies that participate in the bio-economy are replacing traditional methods with modern synthesis and machine learning driven techniques. At TeselaGen we are building an artificial intelligence-enabled operating system for biotechnology. TeselaGen’s platform bridges the gap between biologists who are designing valuable products – like vaccines, biologic medicines, and sustainably sourced chemicals – lab technicians who are running and optimizing experimental workflows, and bioinformaticians who analyze experimental data and have to recommend new experiments. This modern approach coupled with machine learning has opened the door for a radical transformation of biology and a rapid expansion of potential applications. TeselaGen was founded by a team of Stanford, Harvard and U. of California graduates and has raised funding from governments and private investors. Our customer base includes important institutions in the U.S., Europe, and Latin America. Our offices are located in the Bay Area, Miami, and Santiago, Chile.
About the role
As an Account Executive, you will be responsible to engage with leads and expand our customer base. This includes qualifying leads, facilitating and coordinating meetings, demos, signing and renewing contracts, training and tutoring peers. Successful Account Executives earn commissions and head down the path for promotion into management roles. You will be working with a small but talented team of highly motivated individuals that excel in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will possess strong sales, interpersonal and organizational skills. They should be comfortable with multitasking and be able to budget their resources in order to meet the assigned quotas for their role.
- Prospecting enterprise accounts, closing deals
- Working closely with the C-level executives of the company
- Qualify marketing leads
- Organize, categorize, and prioritize sales leads in our CRM and measure lead conversion and performance against quota.
- Leverage prospecting tools to research companies and identify key decision makers at new accounts
- Develop customized pitches for different target accounts and personas.
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Meet and exceed financial goals
- Understand and keep up to date with industry and competitive landscape knowledge
- Excited to grow into management roles
- Comfortable in a dynamic, customer-facing environment
- 5+ years of experience in an Account Executive or Business Development role
- Previous cold calling experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to harness financial data to inform decisions
- Motivated to be in a goal-oriented, quota-carrying role
- Bachelor’s degree in a life science discipline, strongly desired (e.g. molecular biology, biotechnology, biomedical engineering, biochemistry, chemistry, or related field)
At TeselaGen we offer:
- Medical insurance
- WFH stipend
- Regular virtual team and company events
- Growth and development opportunities
- Work from anywhere in the world
- Post-COVID you can work from our Bay Area office or Chilean office