Biotechnology is reinventing the future of everything: fuels, fabrics, pharmaceuticals, food, almost every sector of the economy will be touched by biotechnology. Large companies that participate in the bio-economy are replacing traditional biotechnology. with modern synthesis and machine learning driven techniques. At TeselaGen we are building an artificial intelligence-enabled operating system for biotechnology. TeselaGen’s platform bridges the gap between biologists who are designing valuable products – like vaccines, biologic medicines, and sustainably sourced chemicals – lab technicians who are running and optimizing experimental workflows, and bioinformaticians who analyze experimental data and have to recommend new experiments. This modern approach coupled with machine learning has opened the door for a radical transformation of biology and a rapid expansion of potential applications. TeselaGen was founded by a team of Stanford, Harvard and U. of California graduates and has raised funding from governments and private investors. Our customer base includes important institutions in the U.S., Europe, and Latin America. Our offices are located in the Bay Area, Miami, and Santiago, Chile.
About the role
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will be at the front of Teselagen’s engineering strategy. This includes developing high quality code. This role is ideal for individuals looking to develop enterprise technology and scientific software solutions. You will be working with a small but talented team of highly motivated individuals that excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Be a key individual contributor to our product’s codebase
- Design and implement components that will translate into new features of our platform
- Work closely with the Engineering and Product teams, and with top management, to meet goals
- Participate in technical meetings with selected partners
- 2+ years of experience in a Software Engineering, or similar role
- Solid knowledge of Programming, Data Structures, Algorithms, and Databases
- Back-end software engineering experience, designing and implementing APIs, database middleware, database schemas, optimizing queries
- Motivated to be in a goal-oriented team that ships code regularly.
- Comfortable in a dynamic, agile and fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English
- Experience with NodeJS and React (strongly desired)
- BS or Ms. Computer Science or related degree
At TeselaGen we offer:
- A highly impactful and creative role in a company with science and technology at its core.
- A high level of personal responsibility and a great deal of creative freedom.
- An honest and open feedback culture and individual development opportunities.
- Traveling to company offices USA, as needed.
- Regular virtual team and company events
- Growth and development opportunities
- Medical insurance
- WFH stipend