Biotechnology is reinventing the future of everything: fuels, fabrics, pharmaceuticals, food, almost every sector of the economy will be touched by it. Large companies that participate in the bio-economy are replacing traditional methods with modern synthetic biology and machine learning-driven techniques. At TeselaGen, we are building an artificial intelligence-enabled operating system for biotechnology. TeselaGen’s platform bridges the gap between biologists who are designing valuable products – like vaccines, biologic medicines, and sustainably sourced chemicals – lab technicians who are running and optimizing experimental workflows, and bioinformaticians who analyze experimental data and have to recommend new experiments. This modern approach, coupled with machine learning, has opened the door for a radical transformation of biology and a rapid expansion of potential applications. TeselaGen was founded by a team of Stanford, Harvard, and U. of California graduates and has raised funding from governments and private investors. Our customer base includes important institutions across four continents. Our offices are located in the Bay Area, Miami, and Santiago, Chile.
- Quickly grasp and become proficient in using the TeselaGen platform.
- Stay updated on new features, updates, and functionalities.
- Develop comprehensive user guides, manuals, and online help documentation for the TeselaGen platform.
- Create troubleshooting guides and FAQs to assist users in resolving issues.
- Implement feedback and continuously iterate on documentation based on user needs.
- Assist in the development of training materials and resources for new and existing users.
- BA/BS degree in biology, biotechnology, molecular biology, or related field.
- Proven experience as a technical writer, content creator, academic paper writer, or science communicator.
- Experience managing your schedule and prioritizing requirements.
- Strong ability to understand and communicate complex technical concepts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with synthetic biology, DBTL cycle, and DNA assembly is a plus.
This is a contract position with:
- Regular virtual team and company events
- Growth and development opportunities
- Work from anywhere in the world
How to apply
If you are passionate about making complex information accessible and have a keen interest in biotechnology, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and a sample of your previous technical writing work.
TeselaGen is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from all backgrounds to apply.